|THE GREAT WAR|
|A transcribing project documenting the conflict of the 1914–1918 warPeople · Places · Publications|
The Great War On This Day is a daily listing of movements, actions, events and political involvements that took place on this day between 1914–1918.
On this day in history (14 October)
- East Prussian Front: Germans take Mlava.
- Poland: Germans announce occupation of all the country up to the line of the Vistula.
- Battles and Engagements of the British Armies in France and Flanders, 1914-1918
- British Blockade, The
- British Empire at War, The
- British War Aims
- Chronology of the War
- Fleets at War, The
- Great Britain and the War
- Great Britain at War
- Great Speeches of the War
- Great War, The – The First Phase
- Immediate Causes of the Great War, The
- Military Operations: France and Belgium, 1914
- Odhams' A.B.C. of the Great War
- Popular History of the Great War, A
- Science and the Great War
- Soldier and Sailor Words and Phrases
- Soldier's Diary, A
- Treasury of War Poetry, British and American Poems of the World War, 1914-1919
- War Speeches by British Ministers 1914-1916
- Year 1914 Illustrated, The
- Year 1915 Illustrated, The
- Year 1916 Illustrated, The
- Year 1917 Illustrated, The
- Year 1918 Illustrated, The
- The Great War: The Standard History of the All-Europe Conflict
Some works are being transcribed using dedicated transcription software allowing for side by side comparisons of original text and it's transcribed counterpart, as seen in this example page from Great Britain at War by Jeffery Farnol, published in 1918. This way of transcribing means each page can be proofread and checked for errors and omissions then, when validated, can be "pieced" together to form a complete work. This is the complete version of Great Britain at War. Other works are being transcribed without this software on a page by page basis. Those with red links are waiting to be started. It is these projects we are asking for volunteers to help transcribe the ever-growing number of copyright expired publications.
- "Public domain". Wikipedia: The free encyclopaedia. (accessed 15 July, 2018).
Our largest on-going project is The Great War on this day. But every project, however, no matter how large or small is just as important as the next, which is why they are of equal value and interest. Currently there are several other site projects on the go or waiting to be started, and this is where we need your help in making these available for everyone. Take a quick look at the recent changes made to the site to see what has been happening lately.
If you are interested in helping out you can contact us with any questions you may have about any of the projects. Alternatively, if you have spotted any errors and omissions, would like to create news pages or simply edit some existing ones, you can do so by creating a new account and off you go. We look forward to seeing you around.Create new account and start editing